Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
To instantiate MiCADO workers on a cloud through Oracle interface, please use the template below. Currently, only Terraform has support for Oracle, so Terraform must be enabled, and the interface must be set to Terraform as in the example below.
Note that OCI's Ubuntu VM images feature a number of strict
rules, which will restrict normal communnication between worker nodes and the
MiCADO Control Plane. To resolve this issue, it is important to include the VM
contextualisation commands that can be seen in the example below.
YOUR-VIRTUAL-MACHINE: type: tosca.nodes.MiCADO.OCI.Compute properties: region: <REGION_NAME> (e.g. uk-london-1) availability_domain: <AVAILABILITY_DOMAIN> (e.g. lVvK:UK-LONDON-1-AD-1) compartment_id: <COMPARTMENT_OCID> (e.g ocid1.tenancy.oc1..aaa) shape: <VM_TYPE_NAME> (e.g. VM.Standard.E2.1) source_id: <VM_IMAGE_OCID> (e.g ocid1.image.oc1.uk-london-1.aaa) subnet_id: <SUBNET_OCID> (e.g ocid1.subnet.oc1.uk-london-1.aaa) network_security_group: <NETWORK_SECURITY_GROUP_OCID> (e.g ocid1.networksecuritygroup.oc1.uk-london-1.aaa) ssh_keys: ADD_YOUR_ID_HERE (e.g. ssh-rsa AAAB3N...) context: insert: true cloud_config: | runcmd: - iptables -D INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited - iptables -D FORWARD -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited interfaces: Terraform: create:
Under the properties section of a OCI virtual machine definition these inputs are available.:
- availability_domain is the availability domain of the instance.
- source_id specifies the OCID of an image from which to initialize the VM disk.
- region is the region that the resources should be created in.
- shape specifies the type of machine to create.
- compartment_id is the OCID of the compartment.
- subnet_id is the OCID of the subnet to create the VNIC in.
- network_security_group specifies the OCID of the network security settings for the VM.
- ssh_keys sets the public SSH key to be associated with the instance.
Under the interfaces section of an OCI virtual machine definition no specific inputs are required, but Terraform: create: should be present.
Authentication in OCI is supported by MiCADO in two ways: